Frequently Asked Questions
Protecting and Educating Jacksonville Families and Businesses for over 30 Years
- Do I need a phone line to have an alarm? No, but Cellular Monitoring is a higher monthly charge.
- Can my VoIP phone line be used with my alarm? In most cases transmissions do go through. However, it is not supported by our panel manufacturer. Therefore we recommend using a POTS line or our most reliable method-Cellular Monitoring.
- What is “Cellular Monitoring”? Basically, without a phone line for the alarm to communicate, National Alarm provides an extra piece of equipment that will allow transmissions to our central station via a cellular radio. Think of it as a cell phone just for your alarm.
- What is a Central Station? Central-stations use special phone lines, computers, software and trained staff to monitor their customers’ security and/or fire systems and call the appropriate authorities in the event an alarm signal is received.
- Will my alarm work if the power is out? Yes it will. Our alarm systems are equipped with a battery back-up that will power your system for no more than 48 hours. In most cases AC power is only out for a few hours. Upon restoration of main power the battery will recharge. Your battery will last an average of three years as long as it is not compromised.
You work hard to build and protect your home, family and business. However, burglar alarm systems are often an overlooked necessity. When you invest in a burglar alarm system from National Alarm, your property will be safe – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. State License EF-0000331